The mission of the Centre of Visual Arts and Research (CVAR) is strongly supported by the Active Citizens Fund, a programme that aims to develop the sustainability and capacity of civil society and to promote active citizenship, democratic procedures and human rights. This support enables CVAR to organise numerous activities and educational programmes, which strengthen bicommunal cooperation and inter-cultural dialogue and create and maintain a climate of peaceful coexistence between the communities on the island. The fund's support is also key in the Centre's ability to take vital infrastructure upgrades, and several other steps aimed at increasing economic autonomy and energy sustainability.
In particular, we are very thankful to the Active Citizens Fund for the support in developing a new digital platform that will enhance the museum’s visibility online, support its research and educational activities, and strengthen interaction with a broader range of followers. In addition, a number of educational programmes and other projects have been realised with the support of the Active Citizens Fund.
- Lecture: Representations of Cypriot Antiquities in Currency Designs - The Transition from Colonial rule to Independence
- CVAR Puzzle Hunt
- Movie Screening: Missing Fetine
- Virtual Women's Walk Talk
- Music Talks: Female Composers II
- Music Talks: Female Composers
- Music Talks: Impressionists and Music
- Music Talks: Celebration
- Music Talks: Wagner
- Lectures: Discussing the Cyprus Problem
- Lecture: The Queen's New Clothes