The Seven Pillars of Islam:
- Guardianship, which denotes the love and devotion to God.
- Purity, denoting purity of mind, soul and action.
- Prayer, at sunrise, before sunset and after sunset.
- Charity, giving one-fifth of one’s income to the Imam for the poor.
- Fasting during the religious holiday of Ramadan.
- Pilgrimage, a visit once in one’s life to Mecca.
- Struggle, that is the confrontation with the enemy of the faith.
The ‘Did You Know’ series is made possible with the support of OPAP (Cyprus) and the Active Citizens Fund.