In the cartulary of the Cathedral of St Sophia in Nicosia is the following:

Letter patent of Brother John of the Dominican Order, archbishop of Nicosia, confirming the foundation of a chapel to the Virgin by Guy d’Ibelin, seneschal of Cyprus, in his property in Nicosia and licensing five priests to celebrate the services there, for the maintenance of these priests Guy assigns 1000 besants blac from the revenues which he has from the King from Sigouri.