The Centre for Visual Art and Research’s (CVAR's) mission is to promote the culture and history of Cyprus both locally and abroad and to become a forum for research, discussion and events related to education and culture, in the framework of reconciliation and understanding among all communities of Cyprus.
In particular, through the permanent exhibition, the operation of the Research Centre and the SHARE initiative (Sharing History, Arts, Research and Education) CVAR aims to:
- encourage young people across Cyprus to learn about the cultural, religious, political and social history of the island
- enable all communities in Cyprus to increase their understanding and respect of Cyprus’ common cultural heritage
- provide a platform for peaceful coexistence and conflict resolution in Cyprus
- promote the importance of visual and creative arts to young people across Cyprus
- present and interpret the work, perceptions and experiences of international artists to the people of Cyprus.