The Centre of Visual Arts & Research (CVAR) is home to the Costas and Rita Severis collections of paintings, antique costumes and memorabilia as well as a library and research centre with over 10.000 volumes. CVAR’s mission is to promote the culture and history of Cyprus, and to contribute to the reconciliation and understanding among all communities of Cyprus.
A position is open for a Programme Manager. The successful candidate will be based full-time at CVAR and will report to the Executive Director. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to actively participate in the sound project management of all of CVAR’s programmes and work closely with the Executive Director and the entire CVAR team in order to develop and expand CVAR’s programmatic activities.
Special focus will be given to a new project, co-financed by the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 (Programme Area ‘Civil Society’) aimed at continuing its efforts to keep alive hopes for reunification of the island and peaceful coexistence.
The overall aim of Programme Manager’s role will be to help to take CVAR to the next level of activity, visibility and, most importantly, financial sustainability through well-researched, well-developed, innovative and creative programmatic initiatives. S/He will also work closely with the Executive Director on reporting to the Donor States.
- Managing CVAR’s projects
- Preparing yearly and five-year business plans
- Developing CVAR’s identity and reach under the new project funding, increasing its visibility, reach and impact, and ensuring the visibility of the donors through all activities
- Seeking out funding opportunities, and working on the financial sustainability of CVAR
- Researching cultural and museum sustainability and the role of culture in society
- Initiating contacts with other organisations locally and internationally with which partnerships and projects could be pursued under various EU and other funding programmes
- Developing project ideas and proposals
- Developing ideas for audience development and public engagement
- Working with the Executive Director on the CVAR’s annual programme of tours, exchanges, conferences and other events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Five years’ directly related experience. Demonstrated professional experience in a supervisory or project management position of EU or national funded projects, preferably with international experience. It is preferred that the person has previous practical/professional knowledge in relation to the Civil Society and active citizenship field in Cyprus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Greek
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English and Greek communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Organisational skills
- Proactiveness and ability to take initiatives
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle pressure and stress effectively
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively and to handle multiple priorities concurrently