The Centre of Visual Art and Research and the Embassy of Japan present the photographic Exhibition: “Last Samurai: Tokugawa Shogun Missions Overseas”. Within the framework of this temporary exhibition, hosted at CVAR, our museum educators will organise a special educational programme which will include activities like: treasure hunt, narration of Japanese legends and an “Oregami” workshop.
By their participation in this programme the students will have the opportunity:
- To learn about the history of Japan
- To learn about the cultural , religious, political and social background of Japan
- To study the Japanese traditional costumes
- To understand the importance of visual arts in the study of a historical period in time
- To enjoy themselves in the museum
All the above activities will have a playful character and are free of charge. The programme will take place throughout the entire duration of the exhibition, 18th of February until 5th of March, 2016.
For more information about the programmes please contact Dora Kolypera at 22 300994.